- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Continuing Executive Assistant role
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
The University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. As the first university in Australia to grant degrees in science (1882), science has long been at the cornerstone of the institution and this continues today. As a research and education leader in fields such as agriculture, food & wine, animal & veterinary sciences, biological sciences, and physical sciences, the Faculty offers an exciting and innovative work environment.
The School of Physical Sciences is one of four Schools in the Faculty of Sciences. Located at the University's North Terrace campus, the School brings together the internationally recognised contemporary disciplines of chemistry; earth science; and physics, delivering undergraduate and postgraduate education, training and research with both national relevance and global outreach and networks in the public and private sectors.
Working under general direction from the Senior Executive Officer, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for the effective day-to day management of the School’s front office provision of administrative support to academic and research staff and to students. The Executive Assistant also provides confidential, quality support to the Head of School (HoS) and the School Executive.
Salary: HEO5 ($69,262 to $77,057) per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available from mid-June 2018.
To be successful you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of high level administrative services for a senior manager. Including an ability to use judgement, initiative and confidentiality
- Demonstrated sound interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and manage competing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, cope with a high volume of work and constant changes in priority whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and productivity to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, internet and related software application
- Completion of a diploma qualification and at least two (2) years’ subsequent relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application.
If you have any queries regarding applying for this position, please contact Michelle Carter, HR Officer, email: email@example.com
If you have any queries with regards to the position, please contact Jeanette Roulston, Executive Assistant, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note if the position description link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
9am Monday, 21 May 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.