Education Advisor, Centre for Innovation in Medical Education
Entity Aga Khan University
The Aga Khan University is a private, international university committed to international standards of excellence in teaching, research and service. Its teaching hospital, the Aga Khan University Hospital has been accredited by the prestigious Joint Commission International for achieving the highest international healthcare standards.
Centre for Innovation in Medical Education (CIME) is envisioned to be a state-of-the-art centre for innovation, invention and research for newer pedagogy, techniques and procedures. It is an important resource for the Country and the region as it will encourage international organizations interested in education and research to bring in the newest knowledge and cutting edge technology.
Aga Khan University invites applications for the position of Education Advisor in the Centre for Innovation in Medical Education.
Reporting to the Director, CIME, you will be expected to lead the organization and implementation of courses, programmes, workshops and simulation activities within CIME. You will be responsible to:
- set targets for the education team and participate in their recruitment and appraisal with the Director
- design systems, protocols, guidelines and policies for the education team
- mentor faculty, clinicians, and staff in the design of curriculum involving clinical simulation
- introduce continuous quality improvement strategies for simulation program improvement
- lead evidence based change and innovation in pedagogy useful in simulation based education
- develop, implement and review quality assurance and improvement programs for simulation
- raise awareness of the use of simulation resources internally and externally through entrepreneurial and grant funded opportunities and peer reviewed publications
- serve as an educational consultant and external face to internal and external clients
- develop entrepreneurial initiatives related to clinical simulation that extend beyond academic programming to optimize revenue within available resources.
- Bachelor’s in Nursing or MBBS or related field (Masters Degree would be preferred) with minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- understanding of simulation based education and training
- ability to plan, implement and evaluate all aspects of simulation education
- ability to mentor faculty, clinicians, and staff in the design of curriculum involving clinical simulation
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in teams
- leadership capabilities with the ability to foster credibility and trust
- prepared to undertake an MSc or Fellowship in simulation education immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be submitted latest by April 26, 2019