The Division of Facilities and Infrastructure is responsible for the strategic planning, operational management and maintenance of all University physical infrastructure, facilities, and related services. The role of the Director is to provide vision, leadership, and overall strategic direction, in line with the strategic plan, mission and vision of the University, in the development, management and maintenance of the University infrastructure and facilities (including residences) in order to support the University’s core functions: learning and teaching, research and community engagement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
At least an appropriate Degree (post graduate qualification would be an advantage) in Engineering, Infrastructure Development (Built Environment) or equivalent and approximately 10 years’ relevant experience where such experience includes: -
- A sound track-record of working collaboratively at the senior management level where this experience included strategic management, staff management, project management, financial and budget management and resource management
- Proven track record of successful development and implementation of strategy
- Experience in strategic and operational planning and execution
- Strong financial management skills
- Excellent track record in managing large and complex infrastructure projects
- Demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of the operational requirements for a residential university
- Sound knowledge of governance, legislation, reporting standards and best practice trends in infrastructure development and management.
- Experience in a higher education environment and an understanding of its challenges would be an advantage
For additional information in respect of the job requirements, please refer to the job profile . It is essential that prospective candidates read the job profile of this post and ensure that all relevant documentation is submitted.
VERY IMPORTANT : All applications should be submitted electronically. Candidates should submit the following documentation:
- The relevant Rhodes University application form ,
- A letter of motivation which clearly describes the candidate’s suitability for the post applying for,
- A comprehensive CV,
- Certified copies of relevant educational qualifications, as well as
- Proof of membership of professional bodies.
Please apply online by accessing the Rhodes University Website. Failure to submit the required documentation will result in an application being disqualified.
Any questions or enquiries regarding the submission of an application, can be addressed to Mr Herman Saayman at email@example.com .
Selection Process :
The selection process that will be followed for this post may include an assessment/presentation and an interview.
Employment checks and the verification of credentials will be conducted.
Remuneration (Grade 19): R1,304,333 (CTC) per annum.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. This post is advertised as a permanent post, but the University may opt to appoint on a fixed-term contract of not less than three-years. The University reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post. An application in itself does not entitle the applicant to an interview.
Candidates should note that Rhodes University has introduced a Covid-19 vaccine mandate and that staff members are required to conform to the University's conditions in this regard.
If an applicant is not contacted within 30 days from the closing date, please consider such an application unsuccessful.
Closing Date : Monday, 26 September 2022.
Please note all appointments are made in line with the requirements of the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, as amended, the Immigration Act No. 13 of 2022 and the University’s recruitment and selection policies.show more...