DEPARTMENT OF UNIVERSITY RELATIONS
DEPUTY DIRECTOR: RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT AND FUNDRAISING
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 4
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- The strategic and operational management of the Division;
- The development, execution and management of an extensive strategic plan for the Division;
- Continuous effective and efficient service delivery with regard to alumni, fundraising, events and protocol;
- The effective and efficient management of HR and operational resources;
- The effective and efficient management between the Division, DUR and the University faculties and departments to ensure that an integrated reporting system for fundraising is maintained;
- Building, managing and sustaining key internal and external stakeholder relationships to meet the University strategic goals;
- Seeking and developing opportunities to attract and grow third income streams to ensure university sustainability.
- A relevant Master’s degree (e.g. Business Management, Public Relations and Communication);
- A minimum of eight years’ relevant experience which includes five years’ management experience;
- Strategic planning experience;
- Experience in alumni, fundraising, event and protocol management;
- Experience in relationship/stakeholder building and project management;
- Experience in financial, administrative and HR management.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Knowledge and understanding of university governance structures and processes;
- Knowledge and understanding of local and international fundraising trends;
- Knowledge and understanding of relationships between the University and external stakeholders, i.e. embassies, donors, business, government and alumni;
- Knowledge of business, government and society dynamics;
- Computer literacy;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Financial accounting and cost management knowledge;
- Knowledge of protocol rules;
- Management and leadership skills;
- The ability to identify practical and innovative solutions;
- The ability to meet demanding targets within tight deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail;
- The ability and sophistication needed to interact with internal stakeholders, business, media and other external stakeholders;
- The ability to build relationships and sustain key opportunities.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Relevant leadership/management qualification;
- Relevant managerial experience in the higher education sector.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
CLOSING DATE: 28 September 2017
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Mr Francois Vorster, Tel: (012) 420 2277
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 November 2017, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.