DEPARTMENT OF UNIVERSITY RELATIONS
DEPUTY DIRECTOR: MARKETING AND COMMUNICATION
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 4
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- The strategic and operational management of the Division and its budget;
- The development, execution and management of an extensive strategic plan for the Division,
- The continuous effective and efficient service delivery with regard to communication, branding and advertising, publications, content generation and campaigns, and building internal and external stakeholder brand affinity;
- The effective and efficient management of HR and operational resources.
- A relevant Master’s degree (e.g. Marketing, Public Relations and Communication);
- A minimum of eight years’ relevant experience which includes five years’ management experience;
- Strategic planning experience;
- Experience in branding, advertising, publications, communication and content generation management;
- Experience in relationship building and project management;
- Experience in financial, administrative and HR management.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Knowledge and understanding of university governance structures and processes;
- Computer literacy;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Management and leadership skills;
- The ability to identify practical and innovative solutions;
- The ability to meet demanding targets within tight deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail;
- The ability and sophistication needed to interact with internal stakeholders, business, media and other external stakeholders;
- The ability to be agile and operate under intense pressure;
- The ability to demonstrate crucial decision making;
- The ability to manage performance management to build a peak performance team.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Relevant leadership/management qualification;
- About five years’ relevant and recent managerial experience in the higher education sector;
- Three to five years’ corporate sector experience.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
CLOSING DATE: 28 September 2017
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Mr Francois Vorster, Tel: (012) 420 2277
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 November 2017, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.