Northwestern Polytechnic, Canada’s newest polytechnic, aspires to be the most entrepreneurial polytechnic in Canada by 2034. We are recruiting individuals who spark creativity, drive innovation, are highly engaged and are eager to embrace our core values: innovation & responsiveness. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, one who is willing to turn risk into opportunity, Northwestern is your employer of choice. A recently aligned strategic plan identifies 1, 3, 5, and 10-year goals, tactics and actions that will ensure Canada’s newest polytechnic will be the most entrepreneurial in Canada.
We currently offer Computer Systems Technology Certificate, Computer Systems Technology Diploma, and Bachelor of Computing Science University Transfer programs. In Fall 2023, we are launching NWP’s first undergraduate degree, a Bachelor of Computing Science.
We are looking for four computer science instructors to teach across all programs, help develop Year 3 and 4 courses in Northwestern Polytechnic's degree program and make NWP’s Bachelor of Computing Science degree one of the most sought-after programs in western Canadian polytechnic education.
These are tenure track roles based on favourable evaluations and budget. We have recently renovated and upgraded our robotics laboratory and computing science labs, providing an innovative learning environment for faculty & students. New faculty teaching in the Bachelor of Computing Science program will receive up to 50% teaching release to establish a research program in their first year. In subsequent years, faculty will receive 25% teaching release to continue their research with up to 50% release, depending on whether they are teaching third-, or fourth-year courses. Faculty members have access to Professional Development funds and opportunity to apply for Professional Leave with Financial Assistance.
Salary range starts at $75,967 - $99,695 and the full grid goes up to $127,540.
To learn more about the Academic Staff Association, click here: https://www.nwpolytech.ca/departments/asa/
To learn more about our Computer Science program, click here: https://www.nwpolytech.ca/departments/science/
What We Offer
NWP offers lifelong learning opportunities through professional development & wellness programs, a competitive salary and compensation package and a student-centered culture that is vital to our community. Consider joining Canada’s newest polytechnic, committed to be the most entrepreneurial polytechnic by 2034.
The successful candidates will have a Doctorate in Computing Science and directly related experience. Teaching experience is preferred. Necessary skills and attributes to be successful in this role include:
- Candidates must be able to apply different instructional strategies to meet the needs of students with different learning styles;
- Knowledge of Northwestern Polytechnic courses and current educational technologies commonly found in classrooms (e.g., videoconferencing, D2L) are desired;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- An entrepreneurial spirit, specifically one who is willing to take a risk to create opportunities;
- Highly qualified faculty, who seek to continuously improve instruction and meet the need of learners;
- Willingness to work with and support the Teaching & Learner Centre;
- Student Focused;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to build strong relationships across the organization; and
- A high level of integrity, professionalism, and accountability.