Department Pharmacy Services
Entity Aga Khan University Hospital
Location Karachi, Pakistan
Aga Khan University Hospital invites applications for the position of Clinical Pharmacist.
You will be responsible for a variety of tasks, which include:
- assessing drug utilization review, dosage regimen and promote the safe, economic and effective use of medicines;
- reviewing records of patients to determine the appropriateness of medication therapy;
- scrutinizing and interpreting prescriptions, dispensing and supervising and ensuring that patients receive the correct medicine in a timely manner and liaising with other Healthcare professionals;
- participating in the Medicines Information Service, if required, under the supervision of a Specialist/Manager Pharmacy, providing timely, evaluated, independent advice;
- providing ward / clinical pharmacy services, monitoring prescriptions and providing pharmaceutical advise as appropriate to healthcare professionals and patients for safe, effective and economic use of medicines;
- ensuring that medicines, including controlled drugs, are stored appropriately on wards and departments, performing stock checks when required;
- acting responsibly in respect of AKUH’s and its staff health, safety and welfare following safe work practices and complying with the Health and Safety Policies.
You should have:
- a Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy/ PharmD;
- professional registration with Pharmacy Council of Pakistan;
- Post Pharm.D. or Post Graduate Academic qualifications or trainings in hospital pharmacy will be preferred;
- at least 5-6 years of relevant working experience of clinical pharmacist rounds preferably in critical care and internal medicine setting;
- ability to interpret and understand prescriptions, formularies, their pharmacological actions;
- excellent understanding of pharmaceutical therapy, direct patient care, drug administration, health and safety guidelines;
- working knowledge of hospital pharmacy services and developing country health system;
- ability to speak and understand other Pakistani languagesTeaching /preceptor ship experience in a hospital or university department of pharmacy will be preferred.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Applications should be submitted latest by February 24, 2019