Faculty Health Sciences
School of Nursing
Clinical Coordinator (post level 9)
Job ID: 2116
Duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, arrange and coordinate placement of undergraduate students in various clinical facilities.
- Prepare and submit students’ clinical records to South African Nursing Council (SANC).
- Manage students’ matters in collaboration with the Programme Director.
- Support students to cope optimally with the realities and demands of the practice situation.
- Liaise with SANC regarding students’ matters.
- Do follow-up and monitor professional behaviour of students in clinical areas.
- Evaluate clinical facilities for possible accreditation and coordinate the formal application for accreditation in collaboration with the Programme Director.
- Represent the School with regard to clinical aspects at meetings with partners.
- Assist in community service learning arrangements.
- Attend relevant meetings.
- Manage student absentees in clinical placement areas.
- Deliver clinical placement lists.
- Relevant diploma or degree in Nursing.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail and electronic media.
- Good communication skills, cultural congruent etiquette, proficiency in the official administrative language of the institution supported by values of trustworthiness, reliability, innovation, healthy work ethics, and publicly acceptable dress code.
- Relevant experience in a clinical health environment or at a nursing education institution.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
17 November 2017
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 3101 / 2849.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.