FACULTY OF VETERINARY SCIENCE
DEPARTMENT OF COMPANION ANIMAL CLINICAL STUDIES
CLINICAL ASSISTANT: EQUINE MEDICINE (THREE-YEAR CONTRACT APPOINTMENT)
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 10
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The successful candidate will actively participate in the following areas:
- An advanced training programme in Equine Medicine with the view of obtaining the MMedVet(Med) degree; ECEIM;
- Clinical/practical training of undergraduate and postgraduate students in Equine Medicine;
- Departmental research and publications;
- Clinical service in the Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital and surrounding community, including a 24-hour service;
- Community engagement activities;
- Departmental and faculty administrative activities and other duties as delegated by the Head of Department.
- BVSc-degree or BVMCh or equivalent professional veterinary qualification;
- Registration as a Veterinarian with the SAVC or eligibility for registration within one year of appointment;
- Two years’ general veterinary clinical experience completed upon commencement of appointment on 1 January 2018 or one year internship.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Commitment to further academic development;
- Subject knowledge: Equine Medicine;
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good computer skills (Windows, MS Office, internet).
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Two years’ experience in Equine Medicine;
- Teaching experience;
- Exposure to research in an appropriate field of Equine Medicine;
- Publications in the areas of veterinary science or Equine Medicine and/or related field.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
CLOSING DATE: 26 September 2017
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Dr Y Smit, Tel: (012) 529 8141, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 November 2017, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.