Better futures for all
At Bristol, we are changing the business of Business Schools.
Our school’s mission is to "Inspire the next generation of global citizens and leaders to address the grand societal changes of our time."
We recognise the importance of being a global-civic school within the community of internationally leading business and management schools. Our focus on the most pressing global and societal challenges forces us to be critically reflective, evidence based and analytical in service to a progressive understanding of management and organisations.
We consider ourselves to be pluralistic and host diverse areas of academic expertise and excellence. As a social science-based school committed to an inclusive approach to rigorous inquiry, we are respectful of disciplinary, interdisciplinary, and transdisciplinary science in developing novel insights.
We are seeking business and management scholars who are willing to help lead positive societal change and are seeking to appoint a Chair in Strategy and International Business Management as part of our substantial new growth phase. This role offers a well-defined career pathway and is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the delivery of leading practices in research, impact and education.
What will you be doing?
- Consistently pursuing the highest quality research and impact in business and management with an international profile/network and attracting external research funding.
- Ensuring excellent student experience through teaching, marking, supervising at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels and leading curriculum design, development and enhancement.
- Demonstrating excellent citizenship, growing academic community and performing a leadership role in the school and contributing to wider University.
- Proactively and visibly promoting and contributing to the school’s strategic research ambition to address global/societal challenges.
- Motivating and mentoring staff to succeed in their chosen career path.
- Actively engaging in collaborative opportunities with the public, private and not-for-profit/charitable sectors.
You should apply if
- You have the valuable previous experience to conduct the role with high levels of professionalism and collegiality.
- You have excellent interpersonal, communication and team working skills, and a proven ability to build networks and partnerships.
- You have a demonstrable commitment to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion.
- You have a world-leading and internationally excellent business and management, interdisciplinary research portfolio and a strong commitment to teaching at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level.
- You can demonstrate awareness of the academic needs of all kinds of students (e.g. undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral).
- You have evidence of excellent citizenship and academic leadership with the ability to motivate and develop others as well as the enthusiasm to develop and implement the school’s strategy.
We are looking for ambitious research-active scholars with a strong trajectory of producing excellent work, including those who may not currently hold a Chair (such as those currently at Reader/Associate Professor level).
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and we can arrange a phone call or virtual meeting either with Professor Palie Smart (Head of School) or Professor Stephanie Decker (Head of Academic Group).
A competitive Salary plus Benefits will be offered for this role.
Applications must be submitted online by the closing date of Sunday 18th April 2021.
We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.