Qwaqwa Campus (contract appointment: 5 years)
The Campus Principal works closely with the relevant deans and heads of departments on the Bloemfontein Campus and reports to the Office of the Rector and Vice-Chancellor of the UFS. The Campus Principal is a full member of the Executive Management of the UFS. The managers at the Qwaqwa Campus report in a matrix relation to the Campus Principal and applicable line managers on the Bloemfontein Campus of the UFS.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide academic leadership and planning in the areas of teaching and learning, research and innovation, and community engagement.
- Oversee the effective management of the University’s operations on the UFS Qwaqwa Campus inclusive of administration, planning, finances, human resources and facilities.
- Optimise the overall quality of the student experience.
- Ensure the wellness of staff and students.
- Interact with external partners, including government, local and international universities, alumni, business and local communities, and foundations and donors (fundraising).
- Promote the UFS Qwaqwa Campus nationally and internationally.
- Promote transformation and inclusivity.
- Manage risk and quality assurance.
- A Doctorate degree.
- Academic leadership/research involvement.
- Five (5) years’ experience in a management position of a higher education institution.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of university governance structures in higher education.
- Has demonstrated a track record managing a complex portfolio, or running a unit of reasonable size.
- Experience of having overall or significant responsibility for managing and organisation’s administrative and academic operations, to deliver high quality and performance.
- Has a successful record of leadership and team work.
- Can operate confidently and sensitively across cultures and other divides.
- Sound financial and operational management skills.
- Good human relations and the ability to unite people.
- An individual who is approachable, flexible and change-oriented.
- An individual with a high level of personal motivation, energy and enthusiasm.
- An individual who has the ability to mobilise and inspire others towards shared goals.
Term of office:
Five (5) years, with the possibility of reappointment for a further term.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
23 February 2018
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act.
Candidates must be prepared to participate in an approved appointment procedure that may include the following:
- Probing of management profile.
- Interview by a selection committee.
- A public appearance before the UFS/Qwaqwa Campus Community.
- Making available certified copies of degree certificates.
- Reference checking.
Applications accompanied by an abridged (maximum two pages) as well as a comprehensive CV, a declaration of intent (vision for the position), names and contact details of at least three referees, as well as certified copies of degree certificates, must be addressed to Genevieve Michel, Academic Partners, email: email@example.com or fax no. 086 631 5571.
Please indicate the reference number and the post you are applying for on your application. Applications with no reference number will not be considered.