The Aga Khan University School of Nursing and Midwifery (SONAM) in Kenya and East Africa is a vibrant academic community dedicated to the provision of transformational learning, teaching and research that makes a leading contribution to improving the health and well-being of communities. The School is currently in the final stages of CUE (Commission of University Education) programme accreditation and start-up processes for a Bachelor of Science in Midwifery (BScM).
The School is recruiting a full-time Associate Professor who will be based at SONAM’s campus in Nairobi, Kenya. The role offers excellent career development opportunities for faculty passionate about improving health outcomes and building clinical leadership and service delivery capacity
Teaching faculty are all engaged in active clinical practice, research, and professional leadership with a specialty focus on delivery of upgrade programmes for working nurses and midwives.
Applicants must have credentials commensurate with appointment at the level of Associate Professor with a strong academic research background and demonstrated experience in teaching, learning and communicating. Registration or eligibility for registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK) is essential.
CUE requirements for Associate Professor academic faculty are detailed in the University Standards and Guidelines 2014 http://www.cue.or.ke/
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD or equivalent degree qualification (or a Master’s degree qualification in special cases) in the relevant area from a recognized/accredited University
- At least three (3) years teaching experience at University level
- Six (6) equivalent publication points
- Supervised at least five (5) postgraduate students to completion
- Registered or eligibility for registration by the relevant professional body
- Must meet the CUE appointment requirements for Associate Professor or above
- Will be a member of the School Senior Leadership Team
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.