A position is offered in the field of research on history of Renaissance philosophy with special regard to political thought. The intended research is to be focused on circulation of political knowledge among intellectual elites of early modern Europe. A considerable amount of little known archive materials preserved in Polish libraries provides evidence of this process. Such material includes students’ lesson reports, annotated books as well as handwritten copies of Western (mainly Italian) collections of political texts. Further documentation is provided by printed disputationes, also documenting students’ and professors’ mobility.
These research are to be considered as a part of a larger activity on the field of history of ideas in Poland, to which the appointed researcher will be requested to contribute.
Those interested in participating in the competition are invited to submit the following documents in English:
- Copy of the habilitation (or equivalent) diploma;
- Cover letter (500-700 words);
- Curriculum Vitae with the following points:
- work history
- participation in scientific conferences (titles of the papers),
- participation in research projects (grants),
- awards for scientific activity,
- scientific publications;
- Two published articles, at least one in English
The scholar appointed to the position is to perform the following tasks:
- carrying out research on Renaissance thought, with particular attention to the area of the Polish Commonwealth. The researcher is supposed to work on unpublished archive documents stored in libraries in and out of Poland.
- assisting in realizing the seminars, workshops, and conference of the Research Team on Renaissance of the IFaS PAS;
- writing articles and submitting to Polish and international peer-reviewed journals;
- applying for Polish and international grants, supporting the above mentioned research;
- presenting his/her research at conferences in Poland and abroad;
- collaborating in the studies on history of ideas in Poland carried out in the Dpt. of Modern and Contemporary Philosophy of the IFaS PAS.
The complete application must be received by May 8, 2018.
The competition will run in two stages. In the first stage, the Contest Commission will pre-evaluate the candidates on the basis of the submitted documents. The highest rated candidates will be invited to an interview, which is the second stage of the competition.