The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Presenting undergraduate and postgraduate lectures and practicals in air quality and environmental health;
- Developing and updating undergraduate and postgraduate curricula in air quality and environmental health;
- Contributing to the air quality and environmental health research agenda within the university;
- Building capacity among staff and students to expand and extend UP’s capacity for air quality and environmental health research;
- Establishing a sustainable research funding stream to support this endeavour;
- Conducting independent and collaborative research publishable in high-impact journals;
- Establishing research collaborations with academics nationally and internationally;
- Participating in the administration and general management of the department;
- PhD on a topic related to air quality and environmental health;
- Post Doctorate research experience;
- A C-rating from the NRF or able to attain a C-rating within the following three years;
- Teaching experience at university level
- Evidence of a sustained record of successful Masters’ supervision
- Evidence of current PhD supervision
- A sustained publication record that demonstrates the ability to independently conduct quality research in air quality and environmental health, and that attests to an on-going engagement in the field
- The applicant must demonstrate innovative thinking, a desire to develop and the potential to lead a strong research entity to be recognised and respected internationally
- The applicant must have leadership experience.
- Evidence of successfully sourcing external research funds.
ADDED ADVANTAGES and PREFERENCES:
- Evidence of community engagement and interaction with business or industry.
- Teaching expertise aligned with teaching requirements in the department
- Research expertise aligned with research foci in the department
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV.
- Certified copies of qualifications.
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone contact details of three referees who can attest to your academic and research profile, whom we have permission to contact.
- Self-evaluation of research career to date.
- University-level teaching portfolio.
- Outline of intended research programme and how this links to existing research in the Department and Faculty.
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Contact person for application-related enquiries, Ms NA Müller at email@example.com Tel: (012) 420 5056 and contact person Prof S Coetzee, firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: (012) 420 3823 at enquiries relating to post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 June 2021 please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.