The Department of Literature, Humanities, and Art History at Universidad de las Americas Puebla is receiving applications for a full-time teaching position in the area of First Language teaching.
Applicant must have the following requirements:
- Doctor's degree in Linguistics, Language Science, or related areas.
- At least 3 years’ experience in teaching at university level.
- Research production that allows for entry into the National Researcher System (SNI) within a period not exceeding 2 years.
- Knowledge and experience in the management of information technology applied to the area of language teaching.
- English language proficiency.
- Preparing an intervention proposal in first language education supported by information technologies.
The tasks s/he will perform will be the following:
- Teaching four courses per semester both in the First Language Area and related to Literature and Humanities.
- Collaborating with the Center for Writing and Critical Thinking, within the First Language area of the university.
- Producing and designing support materials for teaching Spanish as a first language.
- Applying information technology resources in teaching-support projects in the First Language area.
- Supporting the academic and administrative work of the Department of Literature, Humanities, and Art History.
- Developing teaching and research projects in literacy, related to the First Language area.
- If the request is considered pertinent, a personal interview with the applicant will be carried out. If the applicant is outside of Mexico, the interview can be done electronically.
- A sample class presentation to colleagues and students will be agreed upon.
- A salary proposal will be made to the selected person according to the University tabulator, depending on the applicant’s professional experience.