- Prestigious international university
- Senior member of the Technology Services Leadership Team
- 5 year fixed term contract
The Technology Services Branch (TS) is a part of the University’s Division of University Operations, providing services and support to the University of Adelaide community of over 25,000 students and 3500 staff members.
The Associate Director, IT Programs and Digital Solutions Delivery is a senior member of Technology Services leadership team who is responsible for the successful delivery of IT programs that enable digital transformation and business growth across the university.
The successful candidate will be a customer-service oriented leader with experience managing a team of high-performing project professionals, including Testers, Project Managers and Agile practitioners, that partners across the branch to plan, develop and deliver cost effective and efficient IT program that enhances the customer experience.
In addition, this role will lead and shape the Delivery Management framework and the underlying methodologies and play a vital role in the delivery of IT Strategic plan.
An attractive remuneration package is available to the successful candidate.
An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position:
5 year fixed term contract.
To be successful you should have:
- Extensive demonstrated experience working at a senior management level in a large and complex organisational environment, including working with governance committees, Executive Directors/Deans, Executives and boards to effect strategic change and enhance collaborative arrangements.
- Proven leadership skills and extensive experience in delivering complex, organisation-wide change initiatives within a multidisciplinary business environment (Research/Students & Academics/Operations).
- A well-established leader who understands different forms of IT Delivery Methods, and the implications they have on financial management, vendor management, contracts, and program management.
- Demonstrated experience in customer centric roles where innovative solutions were designed to enable higher levels of customer service.
- A well reputed technology professional who has a broad experience of project management approaches, methods, tools and processes e.g. Prince2, PMBOK, Agile.
- A thought leader in developing cost optimisation strategies who has provided leadership in the design and ongoing management of Delivery Management framework that supports bi-modal delivery methods with the aim to achieve cost optimisation and rapid delivery of products.
- Extensive ability to apply contemporary strategic management and business practices and methods to lead teams of professional staff in the planning of major, complex and/or multiple IT projects that support organisational goals.
Interviews for this role will take place in the week commencing 23rd October 2017.
Closing date: 22nd October, 11pm.
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.