The Department of Art History, Curating and Visual Studies at the University of Birmingham is seeking to make a fixed- term appointment for a part-time Administrator. This fixed-term post is part of a 5-year European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grant project ‘Continuity or Rupture? Art & Architecture in Central Europe, 1918-1939’.The post will support a research team consisting of three Research Fellows and the Primary Investigator, Professor Matthew Rampley.
The Administrator will be responsible for day-to-day administration, including maintaining correspondence, record keeping (including the time sheets required by the ERC), travel and accommodation bookings, purchasing, website maintenance and organisation of meetings.The post will also support the team on events and workshops as required.
Person Specification Required Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to produce documentation to a very high standard with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of providing independent administrative support to projects/ teams in a Higher Education environment, preferably research related administration.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work on own initiative, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise own workload.
- Good interpersonal skills including proven ability to interact with others and to work well in a team.
- GCSE Mathematics and English at Grade C or equivalent.
- Experience of servicing meetings.
- Experience of making travel/ event arrangements Experience of finance processes.
- Experience of web editing. Ability to resolve routine problems.
- Desirable Experience of budget monitoring.