An exciting opportunity has arisen for experienced and proactive administrators to join the Faculty of Arts and Humanities' Operating Service.
We are a collegiate team who work with a range of Academic and Professional Service colleagues to provide high level administrative support.
You will have:
- Relevant experience and success in similar work in administration
- Up-to-date MS Office skills, including Outlook, Excel, Word, Sharepoint
- Ability to independently organise activities and events (plus schedules, diaries, meeting arrangements, etc), whilst prioritising a conflicting workload
- Ability to use own initiative and suggest and implement practical and effective solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience in taking meeting minutes
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
In return we offer:
- a contributory pension scheme
- generous annual leave provision, plus 8 bank holidays and 6 additional holidays (closure days)
- subsidised health and fitness facilities on-site; cycle to work scheme
- a range of discounts which include restaurants, retail outlets and entertainment.
For more benefits please visit our Human Resources page.
About the University and Faculty of Arts & Humanities
The University of Southampton is a research-driven institution, home to some of the world’s leading minds, expanding our knowledge, and passing it on to future generations. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture at the University and creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices, including a hybrid working model, where employees can split their working time between the office and home, support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our institution as well as our people.
We believe equality and diversity are fundamental to making the University of Southampton a vibrant, proud and successful organisation. A diverse workforce, with people from different racial, educational and social backgrounds and a range of ages, opens up a wealth of possibilities for Southampton.
The School of Humanities is passionate about investigating what makes us human, from literature, language and music, to history, film and philosophical debate. Their research and education spans many disciplines, most of which are ranked in the top 10 across British universities.
Winchester School of Art is one of the UK’s leading art and design institutions and part of the University of Southampton. They are an international centre for ideas and innovation with a contemporary and distinctive outlook which ensures that they can meet the challenges of our creative future.
The vacancy is offered on a full time, fixed term basis for a period of three years.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Hannah Ley via H.J.Ley@soton.ac.uk
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.