Faculty of Health Sciences
School of Health Care Sciences
Department of Occupataional Therapy
Lecturer (Two posts)
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- The enquiry-based, blended teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate students in Occupational Therapy;
- The clinical supervision and teaching of undergraduate students in Occupational Therapy at various clinical platforms;
- Conducting research in Occupational Therapy;
- The research supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students;
- Participating in the Department’s strategic initiatives relating to teaching, learning and community engagement;
- Academic administration and other duties as determined by the Head of Department.
- A master’s degree in Occupational Therapy;
- Current registration with HPCSA;
- Minimum of 1 DHET accredited publication;
- Recommended at least one year’s teaching experience including tutoring but should not exclude candidates with no teaching experience;
- A valid driver’s licence and transport.
Required Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Behavioural Attributes)
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good interpersonal and mentoring skills;
- Good computer and scientific writing skills.
Added Advantages and Preferences
- An approved research proposal for a PhD in Occupational Therapy;
- An oral or poster presentation at a national/international congress;
- Experience in computer-based systems;
- Clinical experience in Occupational Therapy;
- Experience in academic and/or clinical teaching of undergraduate and/or postgraduate students.
The total remuneration package for this position ranges from approximately R 470 058 to R 622 296 as determined by UP policy guidelines. (These amounts include the University’s contributions to standard UP benefits, namely provident fund, group life and funeral cover, but exclude contributions to medical aid, as the latter varies per employee.) UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
CLOSING DATE: 14 August 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Prof Kitty Uys, Tel: (012) 356 3213, or e-mail: email@example.com.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 October 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups. All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials. The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.